March 19, 2020
Dear JNU International Students,
As the COVID-19 is spreading so fast around the world, we would like to express our sincere sympathies with all international students who continue the online learning during this difficult period. Since the outbreak of the epidemic, JNU students, no matter where you are from, have given your strong support for China's fight and shown your understanding for the University's necessary epidemic control and prevention work. We highly appreciate your efforts.
Your safety and welfare remain the University’s highest priority. Since the World Health Organization has declared COVID-19 as a global pandemic, we ask all JNU students to cooperate and follow these suggestions:
1. Students are advised to maintain personal protection, keep social distance, wash hands frequently, wear masks and reduce unnecessary travel.
2. Pursuant to government requirements, all JNU campuses are under quarantine. No student is allowed to return before receiving a resumption notice from an authorized official.
3. Online learning is now fully implemented. Students should continue to study with their teachers through the internet.
4. International travel generally and travelling to China, specifically, is NOT advised. Advance approval from the University is required before returning to China.
5. Students who are already in China MUST file a report with the University including (1) your personal epidemic detection or testing, (2) the time and port of entering China, (3) your current residence and (4) contact number. All students must always follow the regulations and be cooperative with the local community or government officials.
For personal safety and public health considerations, we again encourage all international students who are still overseas NOT to return to China. Please be ready and attentive to changing circumstances. Do not make definitive traveling plans until further information can be provided. The Leadership Team of JNU wishes to express their sincere appreciation for the great support and close cooperation of all JNU students during this unprecedented crisis. We know this is a hard time for the Jinan community. We have no fear but love. Please know that we are thinking of your best interests and understand that we, administrators, teachers and staff, are working hard to maintain the high level of academic excellence you expect from Jinan University. We are looking forward to seeing you all back on campus. Again, thank you for your support and cooperation.
Copyright © 2016 Jinan University. All Rights Reserved.